Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hospital twice in 1 day!!?

She was so calm the whole time

Poor Dutchy Brian's X-Ray
Trying to wake up after surgery Last Saturday we had quite an eventful day. It started with Dutch falling in the bathroom and cutting her chin open. I wasn't sure whether or not I should take her to get stitches, but I figured I better go just to be safe. So, off to the hospital me and the girls went. Meanwhile, Brian was snowboading at Lee Canyon. It ended up that Dutch just had to get it glued together, so that was great news. She did so good with the doctor. Less than an hour after we got home, I got a phone call saying Brian is in an ambulance driving down the mountain going to the hospital. So, off to a different hospital we go. Brian ended up breaking his collar bone in 3 different places. He had surgery a couple days ago and is trying to recover from all the horrible pain. The girls were very concerned about their daddy at first, but now they like to sit and compare their owies and scars with him!

13 comments:

Amberlie and Anthony said...

Holy cow Kayla I had no idea, i am glad that everyone is ok though. No wonder I haven't been able to get a hold of you;) Take care, miss you tons. Love you!

Eleyna Julia said...

Geez Kayla, that's crazy. Hope Brian is feeling better finally. That x-ray makes me cringe. Are you guys coming up north anytime soon? It would be fun to get together. I haven't seen your girls in so long.

jill said...

How are you I found your blog off Nicolle's what a crazy day I hope he is doing ok!!! Your family is so cute

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

I hope everyone is doing good. I don't know if I invited you to my blog. But if not could you leave me your e-mail address? Mine is trinasjohnson@yahoo.com
Good luck with all the injuries. It's no fun to have hurst kids, but it's worse to have a injured husband.

jenny said...

Wow! You had a crazy day Kayla! I'm so sorry that's not good. We'll be praying for your family to all heal quickly:)

Val said...

What a day!!! Glad you're all okay!

Thunderbay said...

Oh my goodness you had a stressful day. I am happy to read everyone is doing better. I just wanted to say Hello! I hope everything is going well and congratulations on being sealed.

Angela Severe said...

First of all I am laughing at Brians scowl in his picture. So funny. And cringing at little Dutches chin. Ouch! It is not fun when your babies get hurt. My Kade made a trip to the hospital and burn center 3 weeks ago. We had a run in with the treadmill. He is fine but we have to make a few trips up to the burn center at the U. We might be coming down there for spring break in April. Will you guys be around?

Nicolle said...

2 times in 1 day, yikes!! Im glad Dutch didnt need stiches and they could just glue it together! I cant believe Brians x-ray, that looked like it hurt!

Dambrinks said...

Adam broke his collar bone too!! He says it was one of the most painful things! Hopefully everyone has recovered!

Angela Severe said...

You are just as bad as me! You never update this thing!! Hey are you on facebook?

amanda james said...

are you kidding me. i didn't know you had a blog, and I just spent the last hour stalking it. I can't believe how grown up your girls are. They are the cutest kids I've ever seen, stop it kayla you're making me baby hungry! I miss you and your kiddies. I can't believe how much portlan looks like you, she is a mini me, and your twins are so beautiful oh my. they are so old! I'm so happy for you guys, you got sealed in the temple, you guys are so precious. When is the next time you're comin to utah, i want to see you and your girls...

Nicolle said...

Hey our blog went private so email me your blog log in email so I can add ya!! nicolleahlmann@yahoo.com